Fast Floor Screed Benefits
Benefits of our Fast Floor Screed include;
Our Fast Floor Screed has a Super smooth flat surface, ideal for final floor finishes such as timber, tiles or carpet.
- Environmentally friendly product, ideal for installation of underfloor heating systems
- Excellent Thermal conductivity (2.2 W/MK)
- Screeds mixed in high quality controlled batching plants giving you peace of mind
- Minimal shrinkage and cracking and does not curl
- Faster installation than sand cement
- Lightfoot traffic within 24 hours
- Loading out time 5-7 days
- Protein Free (cannot harbour harmful bacteria)
- Home Owner – Reduced running costs with UFH
Home Owner – Reduced running costs with UFH
The primary benefit for the homeowner has reduced running costs with Under Floor Heating (UFH).
Traditionally in Ireland, a 75mm – 100mm sand and cement screed, or 10mm pumped concrete screed, has been put over underfloor heating. Liquid floor screed, because of its higher flexural strength, can be laid much thinner, usually 45mm – 50mm making it 30mm – 50mm thinner than traditional screeds.
Secondly, the Fast Floor Screed has much higher thermal conductivity than concrete, 2.2 W/mK (compared to 1.2 W/mK for traditional screeds). With these two benefits combined, you will have a much more reactive floor.
Consider that it will take approximately 7 hours to get heat from the concrete screed, but because of the reduced thickness and higher thermal conductivity, you can get heat from the liquid Fast Floor Screed floor in 1 hour. The speed of reaction of the floor means you will get heat when you need it. The old idea of having a huge thick slab of concrete which acts as a heat sink has been disproven. It is not suitable in a country like Ireland where we can have a 10-degree swing in temperature in a 5 hour period. We need more reactive floors.
The flexural strength, combined with the reduced weight due to reduced thickness also generates a second advantage for the owner. Liquid floor screed can be used upstairs on timber joists, giving a concrete feel floor with all the acoustic and fire prevention benefits of a concrete floor compared to a timber floor. The only change required for this type of floor is that the joist centres are reduced slightly. Liquid Fast Floor Screed can even be used in timber frame homes.
Architects – Green Benefits
The primary benefits for the Architect revolve around environmental efficiencies.
1. Reduction in CO2 footprint in the production of the product – Liquid floor screed is manufactured from by-products of the Flue Gas Desulphurisation (FGD) process or the production of hydrofluoric acid. These are less environmentally harmful than the production of traditional Portland cement which requires huge amounts of energy in the manufacturing process.
2. Reduction in CO2 footprint of the life of the dwelling – As liquid Fast Floor Screed can be laid thinner due to its flexural strength, and because it has much higher thermal conductivity, the house or building will have a significantly reduced CO2 footprint over the life of the building.
3. Reduction in CO2 Footprint of the insulation – Because liquid floor screed can be laid thinner than traditional screeds, a thicker more environmentally friendly insulation can be used for an existing floor zone (e.g. aeroboard compared to high-density foilback).
Contact Us and give us your details and job description and we will get back to you or call us on (085) 8825416 or (086) 2585781